Sunday, April 3, 2016

Day 7: When in Rome 😏

Friday, April 1st, 2016
We meant to leave early, we really did. Such good intentions. Actually, I think we got to Rome by 11am, so not a big deal. But not before Alec and I ran down to the Mecato, only to find out the car shop he wanted to see was closed. Then all the way back up to the hotel, then to buy a postcard. Then back to the Mercato where they wouldn't give him stamps until he bought another postcard that I kept (thanks Alec), then talk to an Italian lady about her cat Frikay, and then all the way back to the hotel. We were busy. Not to mention a final walk across the aquaduct. 
Once in Rome, we were off to the coliseum. The kids went in and walked around a while, but I swear they have some IKEA-type flow in the there because once we went down the stairs, there was no way back up. Or not one we found anyway. Then we got a photo with these random French photo bombers. 
Next dad and I bartered a selfie stick down to 2€, so at that point we simply had to buy it. The results were glorious in the Roman forum.
At that point, we lost Jim and Lisa for a little while. Where'd you go mom and dad? (They didn't come in the forum with us). So we sat outside the forum and listened to street musicians. Until we heard a distinct voice singing along with some obscure polka song. Significance? Only my dad would know the words to an obscure polka song on the streets of Rome and go on to sing it in an intentionally wobbly faux opera voice. We were reunited. (FYI all this happened in the span of about 3 minutes. I drew it out for dramatic effect). Then we walked by the wedding cake and explored the pantheon. And then, to take a leaf out of the French boys' book, we photo bombed this lovely class of European teenagers. Lol we're in their class pic 😂 I'm amused. 
So we're the boys standing next to us 😏 We ended the night at Trevi Fountain, and since we all through in a coin over our shoulders, we're all sure to return. 
Xoxo,
Cristiana




No comments:

Post a Comment