Tuesday, March 29th, 2016
So today we got up at the crack of 7:30 and we were off by 8. We booked it to the Academia to see the David. Which was, you know, awesome. They also had an extensive collection of plaster molds which was really interesting to see.
I forgot that marble statues were often made from plaster models. It just gave me an even greater appreciation for those artists. Then it was off to the duomo again, because we wanted to climb the dome! Except the line was crazy long so we climbed the bell tower instead. Which just about did me in. I seriously think it almost killed me. And at one point there was this grate right? You stood on it and could look about 5 stories down the bell tower. Well on the way up, Alec jumped on it. And then on the way down I was like, I should make the most of my time here, do whatever I can before we have to leave. And then I tried to jump in it. But then I was stopped with the explanation that I shouldn't do everything Alec does. I'm a lot salty about it and it's a real sore subject for me. Then it was back down for to see Santa Crochet and Galileo, Dante, and Michelangelo's tombs, among others. Machiavelli's tomb


Rossini's tomb
Then we rushed to catch the shuttle back to our hotel, and on we went to Spoleto.on the way, we stopped at the near by town of Montefalco, where our good friend Alessandro lives. He gave us free gelato. Finally, we got to Spoleto. Right away, we were able to hop out of the car and walk around the town, and drink out of the fountains. (Side note- Celeste is not drinking the tap water. But she is drinking out of the fountains). We had a good dinner at La Peciarta of strangotzzi, a regional pasta. Yum!
Ciao,
Cristiana


No comments:
Post a Comment